Sunday, August 10, 2014

Edith Minturn "Edie" Sedgwick

Edith Minturn "Edie" Sedgwick

Edith Minturn Edie Sedgwick

An old time, iron-beds-painted-white,
madhouse ward, but with a missing fourth wall.
Outside is Southern California... ranch land.
Edie is in black leotards... a simple gold top.
I was a Superstar... the original Youth-quaker.
Hyperkinetic, Edie performs a druggy hop-'n-dance.
Where is my stuffed rhinoceros?  I miss him!

I am a Sedgwick.  A Sedgwick was beside
George Washington.  Probably not beside George
when he screwed the wife of one of his neighbors. 
Hundreds upon hundreds of cotton balls
fall from the ceiling.  Edie juggles a couple,
In my death world, I have a leopard skin coat,
a leopard skin skirt, and a leopard skin bra.
Men in suits.  Suits?  I dodge windbags!
I am now beyond the power of gloom!

No comments:

Post a Comment