Tuesday, April 2, 2013

SCUFFED BOOTS: A Red Shuttleworth Poetry Chapbook



Scuffed Boots

a limited edition chapbook

Red Shuttleworth


Note: The poem, Scuffed Boots, got its start when my friend Paul Zarzyski asked if I knew what "Language Poetry" is.

Note: Although Language Poetry had its origins in the San Francisco Bay Area, a place I'm familiar with, I never ran into or paid much attention to the poetry and poets of this movement.

Note: One of the most vital and vigorous poetry innovators, Anselm Hollo, died in January.  He was, by all accounts, a grand presence at Naropa.  I doubt he was totally embraced as a Language Poet.

Note: Rather than horsing around and mocking what it is Language Poets are trying for, I thought I'd give it a whirl.  Sincerity and comprehension are a whole lot harder than making fun of what other poets are trying to do.

On the other hand, Note: Samuel Beckett once wrote to a lady critic, I have no thoughts about my writing.




No comments:

Post a Comment